About Matthew Bofenkamp
Hi everyone! My name is Matthew Bofenkamp. I am a game developer originally from the Seattle area, now living in Los Angeles, CA. I work as the Lead Developer, Executive Producer, Designer, and Lead Writer at Lunarwood Studios, a small indie studio I co-founded in 2019. I have also previously worked as a gameplay engineer at Jadu, and as a software engineer at DAS Labs, Trigger Global XR, Gravity Jack, Inc., and Alchemie Solutions.
Honors and Awards:
- IGF Shortlist for Best Alt Control Game 2020 (The Unfathomed Voyager, no official nominees or winner due to the pandemic)
- Selected for Alt.Ctrl.GDC 2020 (The Unfathomed Voyager)
- Two Shorty Award nominations for Best in Augmented Reality and Best in Sport (Verizon AR Pro Interactive)
- Streamy Award Nomination for Best Sponsored Video (100 People Call Someone To Say "I Love You," by Cut)
- Bronze Award for Best Student Game at Serious Play 2019 (BROKE: The Game)
- Selected for CHI PLAY 2019 (BROKE: The Game)
- Selected for HCI International 2019 (The Unfathomed Voyager)
- Selected for Carnegie Mellon University Entertainment Technology Center Festival 2018 (The Unfathomed Voyager)
- Five various game jam awards
I strive to create content that brings joy, catharsis, and a feeling of being seen to those who experience it.
Outside my life as a software engineer, I have been seen by millions as a regular guest on the YouTube channel Cut, have a virus named after me because I discovered it, study, share, and accumulate music from hundreds of countries and languages, and wrote a short comedy play about tech companies, impostor syndrome, and Jesus that was a local hit in Pittsburgh for a while in 2018.