Genre: 'Walking' simulator (Boating simulator?)
Platform: HTC Vive
Description: The guest/player takes the role of Charon, a figure in Greek mythology who would take recently departed souls across The River Styx into the afterlife. In this game, Charon must help Theo, a recently deceased man, come to terms with his death.
The full script, which I wrote can be viewed here.
- A long stick, analogous to the one Charon uses to punt his boat, is the only control (complete with built-in sound effects!)
- Focus on Charon, who is usually a background character in Greek mythology whose story is never told
- Experience a series of moments from Theo's life, which are projected on magical screens that erupt from lanterns
- "A really solid experience. If [this team] had spent two months on this ... it would be the sort of thing that like in the VR art circles would get a lot of interest and power and attraction in it." - Jesse Schell, C.E.O. of Schell Games
- Game designer
- Lead programmer
- Lead writer
- Voice actor for Niko (Theo's son)