Genre: Cooperative Multiplayer
Platform: Windows + 14 Phidgets
Description: Three players work together to pilot a malfunctioning submarine with the hope of capturing a blobfish. Each player has a unique control panel and one instruction to operate one control (which may or may not be on their control panel) in a specific way. Players must work together to make sure all tasks are followed.
- We built three unique control panels
- Use of 14 Phidgets at once
- Finally giving blobfish the recognition in games they deserve
- Rotating box input used (fun!)
- Freaking out is beneficial at times
- Probably the best use of an oxyextrapolator in any game ever
- Selected for presentation at Alt.Ctrl.GDC 2020
- Presented in the Building Virtual Worlds Festival, which is reserved for only the highest quality worlds made in CMU's Building Virtual Worlds class
- The subject of Unfathomed Voyager: The Design of Real-Life Cooperation Game, an academic paper which I co-wrote with Boyi Liu, which is to be presented at the HCI International Conference 2019 in Orlando, Florida, and has been published in HCI in Games, edited by Xiaowen Fang.
- Covered by Gamasutra in this interview with me and my team.
- Solo programmer
- Voice actor for player characters